It’s Our Eighth Anniversary: 8 Lessons Our Team Has Learned During Their Time with Sarah Best Strategy
This month, Sarah Best Strategy marks an important milestone by celebrating our eighth anniversary as a company. As a team, we gain important insights each year. When it came time to put together this month’s blog, we decided to turn to our team to find out what they've learned over their time here. Here’s what they had to say:
Sarah Best, CEO/Chief Strategist
1. “One thing I've learned in 8 years is that we can build a work culture centered around purpose and caring. I see purpose in the way that we see our work as helping our clients have a meaningful impact in the lives of their customers and the communities they serve. The caring comes in, in the way our team collaborates and demonstrates how they have each others' backs.“
Genevra Gallo-Bayiates, Senior Writer and Content Strategist
2. "Teams do not have to be in person to be close, collaborative, or compassionate. I am so grateful for our remote culture and the ways in which we all work to create cohesion—plus Sarah always finds ways to infuse fun throughout the year, which really helps with morale and team building."
3. "Work life balance is real...and really vital. Sarah is one of the first people to remind us to watch our stress levels and build in time for self-care. We all understand when things come up – especially unexpected things – and extend grace to ourselves, each other, and our clients so that people always have the time, space, and support they need to focus on their overall wellbeing."
Lisa Applegate, Writer
4. "A couple of things that I have learned during my time at SBS include: Excellent relationships are possible via ZOOM (crafting activities are key!), digital marketing is a powerful tool for positive change in the world, and a great work/life balance IS possible with the support of wonderful colleagues."
Collin Quinn Rice, Senior Account Manager
5. "Through the employee benefits programs and fair wages that Sarah offers, I've learned to trust the value of my contributions to digital marketing AND my own personal pursuits as an actor."
6. "I have learned, time and again, that all deadlines are self-imposed."
Daniel Prohuska, Strategist
7. "I've learned that it's okay not to know everything! That doesn't feel true in every workplace—but at SBS, we share knowledge in a way that always feels supportive and encouraging."
Kirstin Roble, Writer
8. "I’ve learned that it’s ok to walk away from a project and come back to it. I’ve been in past work situations where pushing myself to a breaking point just to meet a deadline was what I was supposed to do. At SBS, I’m learning that it’s ok to walk away for a bit, take some time, and come back feeling refreshed and better focused."
We are proud to have a team that brings such diversity and skill to each project we take on. Our team would love to work with you to help accomplish your digital marketing goals. Get to know us by clicking the link here.