We are now accepting applications for fall 2020 interns. If interested please send a cover letter, your resume, and a sample of three social media posts created for a job or college project to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Fall 2020 Interns". Applications are due by Friday, August 7.
POSITION TITLE: Internship
LOCATION: Remote. Must be located in Wisconsin or Illinois.
REPORTING TO: CEO and Account Manager
FLSA CLASSIFICATION: Non-Exempt
LAST UPDATED: July 24, 2020
Sarah Best Strategy helps companies and nonprofit organizations shine in the digital space in the service of creating happier, healthier, and more inclusive communities. Headquartered in Madison, WI, our team is based in Wisconsin, Illinois, and California and we work with companies all over the country. Our internship program will give you the opportunity to learn and grow, while getting hands-on experience working with a variety of clients.
Here are two blog posts written by two of our former interns about their experiences:
The fall intern is responsible for creating and deploying social media content for a variety of clients, and assisting on strategy and research projects. When you start your internship, we’ll ask you to identify your learning goals, and craft an experience that helps you achieve those goals. This is a paid internship, 8 hours / week. In fall of 2020, this internship will be structured as a remote internship. You’ll use Zoom videoconferencing to sign in for check-ins and participate in client meetings, and also do work on your own.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This job description describes the general nature and scope of responsibilities for this position. Please note other duties and responsibilities may be assigned or removed at any time.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
● Sophomore, Junior or Senior working towards a degree in Journalism, Communications, English, Advertising or a Related Field
● Writing and scheduling content for social media.
● Curating content on relevant topics.
● Assisting with social media outreach.
● Assisting with social media reporting.
● Researching hashtags and conducting research on social media in various industries.
● Reviewing social media accounts and making recommendations.
● Occasional help with office / administrative tasks such as sales research or mailings.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
● Experience using Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube, etc. for business (or worked on class related projects that included these). Extensive experience using social media networks personally.
● Superior oral and written communication skills.
● Effective time management to include establishing priorities and meeting deadlines.
● Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
● Ability to work effectively as a team player in a fast-paced environment.
● Ability to research, analyze, and synthesize information related to social media.
● Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
● Ability to work independently.
● Ability to communicate progress on projects.
● Excellent knowledge of software systems and Microsoft Office products.
● Experience working with social media management software like Sprout Social, Hootsuite, or Canva a plus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Work is generally performed in an office environment and routinely requires employees to perform the following while carrying out the essential functions of this job:
● Must provide own laptop.
●Use standard office equipment (computer, phone, printer/photocopier, etc.)
● Sit for long periods of time.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.